วันศุกร์ที่ 17 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

How much fresh food should I supplement a dog's kibble with, and how often should I feed him canned food?

I just got a 2 month old black lab. I tried buying some kibble without so many of the byproducts, preservatives and stuff, but even then I still have my doubts about it. I want to supplement the commercial food with fresh foods, but I don't know how much to give him, nor do I know how much kibble. And how often should I feed him canned food?


Your dog can be entirely fed on Raw. If you wish to feed a mix of Raw and kibble, and there are some good reasons to do that, then keep the two separate, for instance, feed kibble for the morning meal and Raw for the evening.

Research Raw feeding on line, it'll only take a couple hours of reading to understand it, there are several models, and I'd not claim that one is superior to the other. I don't use vegetables myself, just Green Tripe and a SeaMeal supplement, but those who do use vegetables are equally successful. Tripe is a highly recommended starter food to get a puppy on raw, and then I personally start them on whole ground chicken.

I wouldn't bother with canned food at all.

Canned food should only be used as an appetizer...not a diet. Bad for their teeth. You should put the food in his bowl, the recommended amount....watch how he eats..if he cleans it up fast...he may need a little more. You have to go by the individual dog. They are all different.

With a pup at that age, consult your vet and see what they say. It is important to pay attention to protein and fat levels.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น