วันศุกร์ที่ 17 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

What kind of food or recipe do you know to make yourself?

What kind of food or recipe do you know to make yourself?Some people says they know how to make food but when I asked how they would just say all they do is bought frozen food from super market,puting them in microwave and eat.Do you think they 'made' that food?Don't you think they are too dumb?


They just heated up the food. Nothing about it is homemade.

I'm actually a pretty good cook and baker. I'm still learning and I don't say everything I cook turns out perfect the first time, but it is at least decent most of the time. Cooking and baking is my dream, but I don't expect everyone else to like it that much so if they want to make microwave meals all the time, they can. I just hope they don't consider it actual cooking.

I love making spaghetti pie, sloppy joes, chicken and noodles, vegetable lasagna, pizza, stromboli, meatball subs (homemade meatballs, homemade sauce), taco soup, quiche, pancakes, French toast, black bean soup, zuppa tuscana soup, chicken curry, lemon glazed shrimp, parmesan crusted tilapia, chicken and rice casserole, muffins enchiladas, turkey or chicken empanadas, rice burritos, taquitos, and of course cookies and brownies!

I don't go around judging people, on what they can make and what they do make, to be quite frank , also due to busy schedules, people have, and to be anal, about how its prepared, is a tad bit shallow in my opinion.

I have yet to encounter a recipe I could not make.

Everything...I learned to cook at age 7.

I can make baked mac and cheese from scratch...i can make snickerdoodle cookies...i can make spaghetti sauce (not from the jar)...i can make Alfredo sauce (not from the jar)...i can make green bean casserole...tuna caserole...i can make a lot of things.

For some people it's easier to get something they can just stick in the microwave because it tastes better than whatever they'd make or because they don't have the time to make it.

I sometimes make something called milk rice. It's a german dish. When I say I can cook I don't just buying frozen food and siking it in the microwave. I can even cook steak(favorite food), pancakes, or even raviolii and not the can kind.

Not everyone can cook - if everyone could cook than why would we need chefs and restaurants.

My mom's specialty when I was growing up was opening a can of tomatoe soup and adding cooked hotdogs. We called her the microwave queen. My dad on the other hand could cook the entire Thankgiving dinner without any help...

Me, I got a little of both, somethings I can make from scratch, somethings I would rather just pop in the microwave...

i don't like eating out of cardboard freezer boxes.

I make my own pasta's (stuffed shells, manicotti, lasagna, chicken Parmesan over linguine, chicken marsala, chicken picatta...) i'm italian, OK?! :D

I do homemade mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, hawaiian chicken dishes, stir fry's, fresh string bean casseroles, my family, great grandparents were from europe and always did the whole cooking thing, she would feed me as a baby until I threw up but that's what made her happiest, cooking a million dishes for her family. so her recipes were handed down to me, traditional turkesh, greek, italian foods..

depends how you're raised. a lot of people know nothing about food at all besides mc. donalds and taco bell.

eggs pancakes food

is this cheating? im a chef, trained as an apprentice, educated at a cooking school, and i've been working as a chef for about 12 years after my schooling. so you give me food and i can make something out of it.

I can make almost anything in my cookbooks and combine recipes or invent my own if I want something specific. People are kinda losing that skill, though. I'm kinda concerned with the environmental wastes of pre-cooked foods. When I cook for myself I have almost no garbage, but the past week I've been too busy too cook and I filled my garbage can like three times. So much waste.

microwave food is discusting! all the goo on the side makes me want to puke. i make all my food from scratch. with the exception of bbq sauces and seasoning sauce. but I do make a wicked streak marinade/rub. i can make, lasagna, spagetti meatballs, shepards pie, creme brule (hate the stuff though), any dessert. pancakes, donuts, turkey and the fixings.

the best foods are fresh, like seasonal (pumpkin pie from a REAL pumkin none of that canned stuff)

i try and make everything from scratch. I have been cooking for 25 plus years now so cooking to me is almost instinctive. I try and tell people that cooking really isn't that complicated and to trust their own pallet, but that never seems to work. Lipton soup mix, a can of Campbell's cream o mushroom soup, etc, always seem to wind up in the recipe. Do you know how "difficult" Cream o Shroom soup is to make

saute up some shrooms in butter, remove from pan. Add 2 tbls each butter and flour (this is a roux). stir constantly for 3 minutes or so, darker will intensify the flavor. Add a pint of light cream and two cups milk, bring to a boil,reduce heat, return shrooms to the pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes.

.....and do you know how much better this will taste, less sodium.

No, I don't think they are too dumb, I think they are two lazy....people always seek the short cut.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น