วันเสาร์ที่ 18 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

What should I do about cat food that my cats eat like candy then get pukey?

I know it isn't the best food for them, but they get so darn happy to have it. I only buy it once every six bags or so and the food I buy them most often is a formula for indoor cats (which they both are). With the regular food I occasionally get a hairball but with their favorite food I think they overeat. I don't know if I should stop buying their treat food or not. They don't puke every day, maybe once every three days. It is not like I am starving them so don't panic. I just don't know if it is bad to give them a food that they snarf down so aggressively.


The best food for them has the first one or two ingredients as meat or poultry. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors and the indoor formula doesn't seem to have the meat. Any how, I would either mix their favorite with the other. My cats do the same thing and when it is mixed they need to slow down to dig it out.

feed them in portioned sizes throughout the day not a big wad

I'm raising my kittens on my own for the 1st time. I see they like the canned stuff but it's served as a treat on an unknown basis. i keep purina pet chow out at all times. they seem to like it. They can eat all they want but apparently they won't eat enough to puke.

You should stick to one kind of cat food. Changing back and forth might be what is making them sick. If sticking to one kind does not work I would call your vet.

if it's dry food, sometimes it's so small that if they eat in a hurry they swallow it whole, and it upsets their stomach. i had a cat that did that, and couldn't figure it out until someone told me that, and i changed to a food that had larger pieces of kibble, and it solved the problem.

Just control their portions so they can't overeat. Keep one bag around and give them small portions along with their regular food, but don't give it to them as food, just as a treat.

If you just give it too them in small amounts, you shouldn't have a problem. They are just gorging themselves and getting sick.

If a certain cat food causes your cats to puke,i would refrain from buying it,and look for a "NEW" favorite for the cats.

Also,to prevent hairballs so often,brush the cats at least once a week. Most LOVE it! And it cuts way back on hairballs. :)

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น