วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How do overpriced clothing stores stay in business?

I walked in an urban clothing store the other day and everything was overpriced. I saw a Miskeen shirt for $90. WTF lol. Even clothes that weren't name-brand were high. And the owners wonder why noone shops there. I mean I'm just wonderin how they can stay in business like that.


Speaking from strictly an economics standpoint, if your profit margin is high, you don't need to sell as much as you would with a lower margin. For example, if your urban store sells a $90 shirt that it paid $10 for, it has a gross profit margin of $80. Now, TJ Maxx might sell the same shirt for $40, but it now needs to sell nearly 3 shirts to generate more profit than the urban store. So, basically a few suckers keep overpriced stores in business.

I went to buy something for a wedding gift because that was where the list of gifts wanted by the two who were marrying had it, I could have bought the same gift cheaper in another store I found, I would never buy from there again but there are lots of others who would shop nowhere else because it has a "classy" name,

The clothing is made in foreign nations where there is no minimum wage and no protection for the workers...so cheap.

And come on, isn't it obvious yet? There are millions of Americans with more money than brains.

Just look around to see the evidence of that.

Like American Eagle--they have NO right to price there clothes that high considering the material they are made out of are shotty. That annoys me!

god only knows

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น